OpenERP is an opensource AGPL licensed enterprise resource planning software for small and medium size businesses.
Structural parts of the OpenERP system
- PostgreSQL as backend database
- OpenERP server to form the business logic (python based)
- OpenERP clioent. Web and desktop GUI are available (python based and GTK based)
As host operating system Windows, Linux or alternative Unix like systems like FreeBSD are appropriate .
One of my servers was upgraded to FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE from RC a few weeks ago. Feature set in this configuration:
- Root is on ZFS dataset
- skeleton jail was built and different jails was cloned by ZFS
- NAT configured with Packet Filter
- Ports collection mounted as read only nullfs into the jails
- Everything is up to date. Continue reading “How to install OpenERP on FreeBSD”