Alerts are not coming – sharepoint

Walking at SharepointLand we often meet strange things. This Alert-thing also such a one. After having sign up for a list/library to send alerts to me in case of anything changes i just get the notification mail on the signing but afterwards no any other updates are coming from this item-container…

After having a deep research i found that a property in the given SQL database table regarding the given web application is set to 1 instead of 0. I do not want to loose the support of Microsoft by hacking the SQL table directly so i tried to find out which command can “reset” this property value.

I had to reset the SP timer settings for alerts and that solved that issue:

 stsadm.exe -o setproperty -url <a href="http://sharepointsite/">http://sharepointsite/</a> -pn alerts-enabled -pv true
 stsadm.exe -o setproperty -url http: <a href="http://sharepointsite/">http://sharepointsite/</a> -pn job-immediate-alerts -pv "every 5 minutes"
 

And of corse an IIS reset afterwards 🙂

Another solution could be to detach and reattach the given content DB. this also triggers the SP timer setting to be reset.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s