When you see the error below, you can bet that something is wrong with your Orchestrator’s vCenter Server connection configuration:
Without the Inventory view, you cannot configure several elements of the workflows, execute them, etc. So we need to fix this.
According to the following KB article: http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1017516 the rootcause can be the wrong format of the username you set on the Orchestrator’s connection properties tab. Currently it is not supported to use the domain name\username combination, even if the vCenter server is a member of a domain.
But you can also get the error above when the certificate is not properly configured on the Orchestrator Configuration website.
Let’s see how can you repair this. Before we start, please note that since I’m not using any PKI infrastructure in my testlab, I will only use self-signed certificates which were pre-generated during the installation of the vCenter and Orchestrator. In a productive environment I would higly recommend to use your company’s PKI infrastructure / CA server.
- Log in to the Orchestrator Configurator (in case you forgot the password, please check my previous blog post: http://wp.me/p1kux7-3L).
- Go to the bottom left of the page, and click on the vCenter Serverbutton.
- On the Hosts tab, click on the SSL Certificateslink.
- We are going to import a certificate from a file.
- For this, open a new browser window or tab, navigate to the vCenter Server’s website, and click on the untrusted, pre-generated certificate from VMware (this step is different in each browser, in our case I used Internet Explorer).
- In the Certificate properties window, click on the Install Certificatebutton.
- Choose Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificateoption and install the certificate.
- Open a new MMC console (Start menu/Run and type mmc).
- Add the Certificate Snap-In (for your user account).
- Select the previously installed certificate and click on the Exportbutton.
- Choose DER encodedformat during the export process.
- Now go back to the Orchestrator Configuratorwebsite and import the previously exported certificate.
- Check your vCenter Server connectivity properties once again by clicking on the Edit link. Check if you used the proper format for the vCenter Administrator account (only username instead of domain/username).
- Restart the Orchestrator Server service, and go back to the Orchestrator Client. The Inventory should work now.